Friday, April 19, 2013

Self-Portraits - Friday


“I paint myself because I am often alone and I am the subject I know best.” – Frida Kahlo


MADDY from New jersey/NYC
Fri. April 19. 2013 photo WY_0433_zpsa449cb1c.jpg


BUCKEROOMAMA from Hong Kong
A Selfie - Andy Warhol style

 Thu - Mar 28, 2013 photo Selfie-Warhol-style_zps0a234a0c.jpg

NOT BECKY from Philadelphia
 - being a bit shy, Becky wouldn't mind having Kaish stand in her stead.
 photo kaishandthemagnifyingglass_zps0be29795.jpg



CAROLINE from England
Hi Folks :D
Fri April 19th ~ Selfie :D photo 8598487641_0767c81df3_c_zps533f549c.jpg



“Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.''




JADE in Thailand
SELFIE 
SELFIE (APRIL 19) photo IMG_0963_zpsf2841916.jpg


MAY from Germany
Fri, April 19th 2013 photo DSC_1551_zps819c954a.jpg




SONYA from The Netherlands
Fri April 19,2013 Self Portrait photo portrait2_zpsc19dc86a.jpg


WANDA from Montreal
In the mirror. This is my profile picture for everything (business related). If you hung around me a lot you'd be sick of it by now. =)
Fri April 19, 2013 - Selfie photo MeCollage_zps48a22053.jpg


This week I saw a YouTube link on Facebook from Dove. It's powerful. We so don't see ourselves the way others do....and the way we really are! Click the link below - it's just 3 minutes.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpaOjMXyJGk


And go - get in the picture!

Happy week-end!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful self portraits!
    Kaishon is cute & loaded with character, but I'd love to see beautiful Becky come out of her shell. :)

    Like I should talk, though.. I rarely exist in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful all of you!!!! It is so great to really meet all the woman I write to so often. May! WOW! I love your photo! Becky! We love you! and Kaishon. Next time show that beautiful face of yours and your beautiful heart to match! you can't go wrong with that girl!!! You just can't. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos...Becky, come visit us in person too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I have had some health trouble and have fallen off the face of the earth YET AGAIN... but I just have to say, this post MADE my day.

    I feel like I have known you girls so well over the years by peeking in at your every day lives... but I SO rarely - if ever- see your faces.

    I can honestly say that I love you so much! Which is weird considering the fact that we have never met, and that I am the flakiest member of our group... but honest to goodness, I just adore you.

    You are all SO BEAUTIFUL and such a sight to see! Warmed my heart.

    Can't really sum it up well, but I just think you're all so beautiful.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! All of you!! Love seeing everyone :)

    ReplyDelete