Monday, May 10, 2010

5.10.2010 "TODAY"

Remember to join us for our "TUESDAYS AROUND THE WORLD" linky party tomorrow!
The theme for tomorrow is really fun. It's "What's your scent?" Are you a parfume or lotion kind of girl? Are you a no scent at all kind of girl? Share with us. Photograph your product of choice, blog about it, and link your blog to us!

SARAH, GEORGIA
5.10 Today
I'm loving my little curly-headed boy!



ROCIO, BORDER OF MEXICO
5.10 Today
Today is Mother's Day in México and it is super special because I am celebrating with the most beautiful women of my life: my Grandmother, my Mother, and my Daughter.
My Grandmother is going to turn 90 yrs. old in November and it is a blessing having her. My Mother is the best and the most beautiful woman in the whole world. My Daughter is the most beautiful thing God has given me and I thank him for giving me the opportunity to be a Mother! I have been blessed this day for having them around today for our special day.



EMILY, ITALY
5.10 Today
For Festa della Mamma this year, my five year old made me a picnic lunch, drew me a picture and then, sweetly, picked every single flower in our yard to give me. It was a perfect day, but...I wish our yard still had some flowers!



BECKY, PHILADELPHIA
5.10.10 Today
Today I celebrate my Mom! The best Mom in the whole wide world. She makes me believe that anything is possible. I treasure her. 'Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.' ~Moorish Proverb



BUCKEROOMAMA, HONG KONG
5.10  Today
Zoë doesn't like face painting, but she wanted the rainbow. She decided to have it painted on her arm instead.



RIKAKO, JAPAN
5.10 Today
Children's Day(also knows as Boys's Day) is a Japanese national holiday which takes place annually on May 5, the fifth day of the fifth month. Before this day, families raise the carp-shaped koinobori flags, one for each boy display a Kintarō doll usually riding on a large carp, and the traditional Japanese military helmet, kabuto. Kintarō and the kabuto are symbols of a strong and healthy boy.
No space to display the helmet at our house, so this is at grandparents'. Kent is happy with the blade.



LOLA, UTAH
Photobucket
Still smiling to myself about one crazy, (and pretty much wonderfully awful) Mother's Day. Also, it turns out that I "failed" my first glucose blood test, so now I have to take a 3 hour test today. 12 hours of fasting, more yucky sugar liquid, and 4 blood draws over the three hour period. It'll make my Mother's Day look like a walk in the park!



CAROLINE, ENGLAND (UK)
10/5 Today
Rounder in the park was the order of the day (bearing in mind these are in retrospect).



TEZZIE, FINLAND
5.10 "Today"
I haven't had time to pick up my camera all weekend, so today I have to share another garden miracle from my last 'shoot'. Nature amazes me every year; that life is still able to return after such a long, harsh winter :D



CORNELIA, SOUTH AFRICA
5.10 Today
For my birthday, the one orchestra that I coach threw me a surprise party. They also stole my car keys and filled my car with balloons:-D

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day ladies! Lola I hope today you pass with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday greetings, Cornelia! That was sweet of them to throw you a surprise party. :)

    Becky - I can tell from the pic that your momma is such a wonderful lady!

    Rikako - Your kiddies are so cute!! I love how your little girl is looking at her older brother. I wish we have Boys' Day here, too. J would be so stoked!

    Good luck with the glucose test Take 2 today!

    I love this flower shot, Tezzie! Great pic, as usual. :)

    Caroline - That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A car filled with balloons for Cornelia! Too fabulous for words! LOVE that!

    I agree Tezzie! Isn't nature amazing! Look at that pretty purple flower. So lovely.

    : ( So sad about that glucose test Lola! I am praying that the next one is better! I can't wait to read about your mothers day.

    Arm painting is just as cool as facepainting! I love that picture Buckaroomama! So pretty.

    For some reason Rikako's picture and Caroline's picture are not showing up on the post for me.

    Hope everyone has a happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely todays everyone! Cornelia -- that's awesome!! I would love to find my car filled with balloons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky you Mother is Beautiful! What a Blessing!

    Buckeroomama now that is one tiny cute arm aww...

    Rikako You kiddos are so adorable and they look like they had a blast!!! We celebrated our Children's day in April it was fun.

    Lola Good Luck Sweetie!!

    Caroline what a fun shot!!

    Tezzie your shots are so beautiful...♥

    Cornelia you photo made me smile...☺ How fun I am going to do that to my hubby next year, lol!

    Have an amazing Monday Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Cornelia.
    How fun! I love suprise!

    ReplyDelete